Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Can't Cry Hard Enough..


Jennnn....! I wanna cry... but I can't!!!! HELP!... I overheard her tell her confused friend while trying to enjoy her banana split. I normally don't eavesdrop. God knows I got too many gripes of my own.. but my curiosity was piqued. So I learned a little over to their side and pretended to be so engrossed with the pocket dictionary I was reading... and the story continued... They (our heroine and her man) had a wonderful time connecting in all aspects, but he still hopes she ( no, not our heroine) might finally love him one day. Nice. I wonder, if the woebegone woman was feeling the same thing i felt sixteen years ago when I gave the bravest, most painful advice to the confused man who actually was responsible for making my heart beat for the first time. I still remember the words I would later on cry over -- "there are people who were not able to change for the better for the mere reason that someone didn't give them the chance to do so.." Me and my big mouth. Gave her a chance he did. In fact, he did more than give her a simple chance.. he freaking married her. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I couldn't kick myself enough. Me and my big mouth.... and so, I wonder... is she feeling the same now? The woman who was shouting for help because she wanted to cry but couldn't? From the tidbits of information I so brazenly pieced together, she gave him surefire ways to win his ex. Aha! me and her... kindred souls. Me and my big mouth... she and her big mouth. No wonder she wanted to cry. I wanted to tap her on the shoulder and say, hey I feel for you. Been there done that... and no I haven't forgotten. It's not an easy feat to listen and come up with a very objective solution knowing in your heart that its also your heart's kiss of death. I wonder if the world will ever give people like us, medals of emotional valor for bravery and romantic suicide. I think it's about time.

1 comment:

ethausia said...

The same happen to me..my heart is completely broken now...she say that she love me ..but in the end going out with the man she used to date before..and even hugged each other..in my vision of life..thats it....ive had enough..